The continuing saga of one Markus Wolf.
Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Epic Adventures
Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Comin' Home!

Exciting News! I’ll be leaving for home on March 14th for about two weeks. It’s not really intentional, but I’m trying to kill several birds with one stone. There’s a funny little Ukrainian law that requires expatriates (someone who lives here from another country) to either register every six months, or leave the country temporary (which accomplishes the same thing as far as a paper trail).
It’s an interesting situation, because no source I’ve gone through, embassies, airports, or anyone, mentioned this to me when I got my visa. My visa is good for much longer than six months (expires some time in 2007). The consequence for not registering or taking a step out of the country for one American family was a $400 fine.
Anyway, I have five reasons to go back to the states…

1) I have to leave the country or register (as expressed above)
2) I have to prepare some unusual taxes this year
3) Favorite Nephew Isaiah has a 3rd birthday, and
4) I haven’t yet seen my fresh out of the oven favorite niece Audrey yet.
5) My parent’s 40th year anniversary
6) I really miss my family…

Okay, that’s six things, but the sixth will never be entirely solved.

In other news, I just completed a two day seminar on Life Skills training for orphans. As I may have mentioned before, CBN and LAMb international ministries is piloting a curriculum specifically for Ukraine for equipping orphans for life beyond the children's home. These particular training days were for teaching kids about sex and abstinence, and marriage and family.
My vision is to equip local churches to reach the orphanages in their communities. I believe that the key to reaching the one hundred thousand plus orphans is found in churches that will embrace the fatherless of their communities and give them a spiritual home. We know that hope isn’t found in governments, and individuals can only do so much. But a local church potentially has grandmothers and teachers and pastors and working people. They can bring love, hope, training, discipleship to kids that don’t have anyplace else to call home.
Please pray for me as I travel back and forth this next month. I’m so looking forward to seeing my family and friends again.


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Click for Kyiv, Ukraine Forecast