The continuing saga of one Markus Wolf.
Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Epic Adventures
Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Project or Two

I’ve recently bought my plane ticket, and I’ll be leaving for Kyiv again on May 5th. In the meanwhile, I’ve got a few projects that local people might be interested in.

I’ll be doing a Puppet Workshop at Lake Michigan Christian Center on April 21st and 22nd. You can see the poster for it on my web log below. The main idea is to train puppet newbies for puppet ministry. This is open to anyone who wants to learn how to do puppetry, anyone who likes puppets, anyone who looks like a puppet, etc.

There is a fee of $10 which covers pizza, snacks, and any notes you might get. And keep in mind it’s a two day workshop. We’ll be covering basic manipulation (of puppets, not relationships), effective diction, how to do voices, and character development. And you’ll start to develop nice Popeye muscles because it’s more hands on then lecture.

The second big project is the Fritz Wolf Memorial Disc Golf Tournament. Before I came home from Kyiv, I emailed my dad about doing this tournament to raise the funds to run a week long summer camp for orphans in Ukraine. He had helped set up a course at the Lake Township Park and before I left, it was something we did together. I thought I could keep doing the tournament but as a tribute to dad.

If you’re unfamiliar with disc golf, you might know it as "Frisbee Golf" Here’s the best online summary I can find at a glance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf.

The hope is to make it a big family fun day at the park. This will strictly be an amateur tournament with trophies, for four divisions. (Kids, Ladies, Beginner, and Advanced) I think most participants have never disc golfed before and a professional would just cream all of us. Everyone who participates will get a t-shirt. The cost is $20, which will again go for sending orphans to camp.

The date of this tournament will be June 17th at the Lake Township Park. All the details haven’t yet been established but I’ll keep you posted. Obviously I won’t be here for the big event, but some of my family and friends are going to help run it.

If you’re interested in either of these events, let me know with an email at captaincrouton (at) hotmail.com


Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Click for Kyiv, Ukraine Forecast