The continuing saga of one Markus Wolf.
Previous Posts

Archives

Links
Epic Adventures
Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Anastasia


Image hosting by Photobucket
Here I am at the hospital with Nastia (though I prefer her full name, Anastasia)  For some reason, she'll come to me when she's scared of the other workers.  I think she just wants a Papa Bear.



Anonymous Anonymous said...
I noticed in this picture that you're sporting your all fashionable "GAP Worldwide" shirt that your favorite sister bought you one Christmas. And you didn't put duct tape over the "GAP" or anything this time. That's really great, oh brother of mine - I'm proud of you. You can't hide your desire for fashion from me! :) You can take the boy out of the "material" country but you can't take the "material" out of the boy. - LOL - WHAT!!! I'm just teasing. I had nothing else. There clearly is something wrong with me... luv ya miss ya - I get to SEE YOU SOON!!! YIPPIE!  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think he ran out of duct tape Tanya?? Hey, Markus when your back in the states stop by I'll give you a roll or two! LOL Hey I figured I better comment a little I have to catch up with Kathleen. Hope to see you when your home, prayers be with you bro.  

Blogger Markus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.  

Blogger Markus said...
Tanya,
Yes it's true. I'm wearing the Gap shirt without covering the brand name. People ask me what gap means, and it makes me feel warm inside that they don't know. They like the flags though. But I appreciate the shirt, since it feels like I've been wearing the same 8 or so shirts for 5 months. When I go home, I'll go shopping at WALMART!

Rob,
Mmm duct tape. It's quite a commodity here. They have it, sorta, but it sure doesn't stick like the kind in the good old USA. While I didn't bring any, my roommate watches over his quite militantly.

Joe,
Funny you should say that. As of last weekend, I've just started Armed and Dangerous: New International Version. We're a fledgling group of two, and one of the first things I told him about was about the "Treat Puppets Like Babies" guy. Steven is now continually asking me, "Wait, would you put a baby in a trunk? Would you hold a baby upside down like that?" Darn, darn, darn.  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I concur - clearance is the only way to go. The mark-ups are high. I only buy something for myself if it is 3 dollars or less on the clearance rack at Old Navy. (Okay, I did buy some suit jackets before that were $3.97 + tax - shame on me).... :)

As for Wally World - I don't think they're on their kick of "Always Low Prices" like they used to be. I think they've sorta done away with their penetration pricing strategy now that they've made it to the top of Fortune 500. They've been in the news because they're going to stop employing older people, taking away benefits, and Mom here bought some glasses from them for like $300!!! Yikes! Just a couple years ago I got my glasses from them for just a lil' over $100. They use Beyonce Knowles, Garth Brooks, and Queen Latifah in their advertising (who would all be expensive to pay), and not to mention their "Happy Holidays" as opposed to "Merry Christmas" campaign. Granted, I can get Life cereal there for $1.22 cheaper per box than I can at the ol' hometown grocery store, but instead they tried to rip me off that amount in a box of diapers. The shelf label said one thing (a price that I was used to) they charged me a higher price, and when I showed the lady after the check-out was done, she said, "Well, you'll have to go to customer service," and the line to wait in was almost to the outside door (after Christmas of course) - yeah, I'm gonna wait in THAT line. I came back a couple different days - line was still ridiculous. It was only $1.48, but I wanted to make a point because it was just so sneaky, and convenient to have landed around Christmas, because most would rather forget about it than wait in ridiculous lines for $1.48. Why would they always be one price and then just pop up one day at a higher price? I thought maybe they were about to change the prices, and that the day I would show up to find a normal customer service line, the price change would have been in effect. Lucky me, that wasn't the case. Funny thing is the lady at the counter was adamant in the fact that "Our Pampers never ring up wrong. They never ring up wrong." Another lady took care of me, and I'm just too nice to have gone back to the first one and said "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO!" I am off my soapbox now. SO, maybe (Mark) you and I could go to OLD NAVY and buy a $0.97 shirt left over from Halloween that says "I'm your biggest fang," instead of paying Wal-Mart $4.50 for one without fangs. :) You happen to get that care package yet? (**snickering**)  

Blogger Markus said...
Ooh, 97 cents? I'm an Old Navy fan now. That's not like shirts made out of Kleenex, is it?

But no, I haven't got the care package yet. I hope to get it before I leave for home.  

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates

Click for Kyiv, Ukraine Forecast